The Phantom’s Lair

stock-photo-4369940-new-afone-cave-lighting-abkhazia

The cold blood drips from the ceiling to a rock next to me. “Don’t worry about the blood.” The Phantom says trying to make me feel comfortable. The cave is eerie from it’s air to even the little pebble at my feet. The cave is just lit from it’s couple of candles, only lighting a corner of it. With every step you can hear a. Crack Crack. From the bones of the people we once knew.

As I sit down on the rock, I could see the bodies of the Phantom’s victims, worrying I would be next. The rock is cold to it’s touch not having a feeling to it. Nothing has a feeling here. The only feeling is the dark despair. The smell fills my nose, not a pleasant smell though. As if rot and decay is sitting right next to me .You could see the rusty brown organ surrounded a shrewd of dust and stalagmites growing from the top of the pipes from the organ.

“If you feel something at your feet, they are my minions, only a tarantula or scorpion, don’t be afraid.” He says approaching me scarily. Right now that’s the only thing I could feel.

Afraid. Have I felt beyond afraid?

3 thoughts on “The Phantom’s Lair

1. Hi Josh!

Once I have read your short story, I have no words. I’m speechless! It’s too good! The way you described the scenario makes me feel I’m in the story! Even made me tingly a bit. Love it!

Stay cool,
    Julianne
    Also, check out my site http://juliannet.global2.vic.edu.au if you wouldn’t mind

• My favorite EPL team is probably Arsenal right now. Anyways I checked out your blog and you have the coolest blog ever. Thanks, see ya.