Slaying the Dragon of Homework

It’s 11:30 pm and I’m just starting to do my homework. This small dragon that looks like it’s made of some mix of graph paper, colorful construction paper, and just regular plain paper, slowly crawls to the tip of my desk in super stealth mode. I start to write on my homework. Scratch. What the… My homework is gone. I look back at that dragon and it suddenly becomes ginormous.

Everything around me transforms into a arena that looks like my desk at school.  My clothes turns into a shiny metal armor. My pencil in hand turns into a huge pencil-sword. The dragon is still there. It shoots cannon balls of Algebra coming towards me I quickly dodge it and use x-intercept. The attack is not effective. The attack is strong enough to knock it off it’s feet though. It immediately uses a heavy attack called literature. I fall back slamming my face to the concrete wall. He’s attacking again using Synonyms and antonyms. This air attack allowed me enough time to get back up and deflect the attacks back with my pencil-sword. This time it is super effective. Now I know the best attacks are air attacks. I then sprint towards the dragon before it can get back up. I then use elaboration to finish it off.

“Whoah”, that was all a day dream, but I look back at the desk and to my surprise, the homework is filled out.

2 thoughts on “Slaying the Dragon of Homework

1. Strange what our late-night, sleep-deprived imaginations will do to us. Could this dragon have had a name? Perhaps he was called the, um, Procrastination Dragon? ;- ) Glad you vanquished him in the end.

Such a creative approach to this topic of homework! I love it.

2. I like your vocabulary. I had no idea what “ginormous” means until I looked it up. I also like the intense fighting of of the Homework Dragon. It’s really fun to read.